Storey Club Membership Terms and Conditions
Version date: 16 November 2021
Introduction and welcome
- These terms and conditions (the “Terms“) describe your rights and obligations in connection with your Storey Membership provided by Storey Spaces Limited (“Storey”, “we“, “our“, “us“). Please see the Contact Us section below for our company and contact details.
- PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ABIDE BY AND BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS.
- To make these Terms easier to read, we use a number of definitions. We refer to:
- Additional Meeting Room Credits Terms and Conditions: the terms and conditions in connection with your purchase of credits redeemable against Event Space, Meeting Rooms and other shared spaces at various Storey locations which can be found here.
- any Group Company of The British Land Company PLC; or
- any other vehicle or entity (including any unit trust, trust of land, limited partnership or joint venture) in which either The British Land Company PLC (or a Group Company of The British Land Company PLC) hold an interest
- BL Office Location: any office property owned by The British Land Company Plc or its Affiliates from time to time
- Campus: each of a) Paddington Central Campus at 4 Kingdom Street, Paddington Central W2 and b) 100 Liverpool Street, Broadgate EC2
- Desk Spaces: dedicated desks within specified Campuses or BL Office Locations designated by us as available for use from time to time
- Desk Space Terms and Conditions: the terms and conditions in connection with your use of our Desk Spaces which can be found here
- Event Space: any area at each Campus or BL Office Location designated by us for use as an event space from time to time and which can be reserved and used by you
- Group Company: in relation to any body corporate (whether or not registered in the United Kingdom) any holding company or subsidiary of a holding company of such body corporate in each case from time to time and the terms holding company and subsidiary shall have the meanings attributed to those terms in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006
- Meeting Room and Event Space Terms and Conditions: means the terms and conditions in connection with your use of Meeting Rooms and Event Spaces provided by us which can be found here
- Meeting Rooms: rooms of varying sizes within each Campus or BL Office Space designated by us for use as meeting rooms from time to time and which can be reserved and used by you for meetings
- Members means any individual with a valid and subsisting Storey Membership
- Services: the provision of the Storey Club Space and the services described in paragraphs 7 to 18 below and any other services offered at the Storey Club Space from time to time
- Storey Club: a scheme operated by us offering flexible access to the Storey Club Space (which for the avoidance of doubt may or may not be branded as “Storey Club”)
- Storey Club Space: the part of any Campus or BL Office Location designated by us from time to time for operation of the Storey Club including but not limited to the Event Space, the Meetings Rooms, the Storey Lounge and the reception bar
- Storey Lounge: means the area at each Campus designated by us as a communal lounge area from time to time
- Storey Membership: means membership of Storey Club
- Storey Portal: the online portal accessed at my.storey.co.uk which allows you to make online bookings for Meetings Rooms and Event Spaces
- Every time you wish to use the Services, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms and conditions which will apply at that time. Your attention is drawn in particular to the sections headed Our Liability. These Terms were most recently updated on the date that appears at the top of this page.
- If you have any queries or concerns regarding these Terms, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact Us section below.
Membership and Services
- To use the Services you must be a Member. You can become a Member by registering here or through any of our campus apps.
- Storey Club Space and Storey Membership is designed as an alternative to an office and as a flexible meeting space where Members can meet and work for business purposes. It is not a coworking space or a serviced office. Members are not permitted to work from any part of the Storey Club Space on an extended, permanent or full-time basis.
- After completing the registration process for Storey Membership on the Storey Portal, you will be sent a digital pass. You must not give this digital pass to anyone else or make any copies. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your digital pass. You must promptly notify us if you suspect your digital pass has been compromised in some way and you will be issued a new one. Each digital pass remains our property and you must not use it following termination or expiration of your Storey Membership.
- Your use of the Services and/or your Storey Membership may be immediately suspended, and eventually terminated, if we are unable to charge your payment instrument for any reason, for the Services you have received.
- Storey Portal: The Storey Portal is provided by us to enable you to make bookings for Desk Spaces, Meeting Rooms and Event Spaces, purchase Additional Meeting Credits (as defined in the Additional Meeting Room Credits Terms and Conditions) and access other services. Use of the Storey Portal is subject to the Desk Space Terms and Conditions, the Meeting Room and Event Space Terms and Conditions and the Additional Meeting Room Credits Terms and Conditions as applicable.
- Storey Lounge: all Members are allowed access to any Storey Lounge during the relevant hours of operation without making a booking. We do not guarantee the availability of space. Use is on a first come, first served basis. You can bring in a maximum of 3 guests to the Storey Lounge per visit. All guests must be signed in by you at the reception bar upon their arrival at the Storey Club Space and be signed out by you when they leave the Storey Club Space. If you wish to bring more than 3 guests per visit to the Storey Club Space, you must book a Meeting Room for use by you and your guests.
- Meeting Rooms: all Members may book and use Meeting Rooms subject to availability and confirmation by us.
- Event Space: all Members may book and use the Event Space subject to availability and confirmation by us.
- Desk Space: all Members may book and use Desk Space(s) subject to availability and confirmation by us.
- All Event Space and Meeting Room bookings are subject to the Meeting Room and Event Space Terms and Conditions.
- All Desk Space bookings are subject to the Desk Space Terms and Conditions.
- You should make a booking for Meeting Rooms or Event Space through the Storey Portal and for the Desk Space via telephone or in person. If you are unable to access the Storey Portal for any reason or if you have specific requirements to discuss, you can make a booking by telephone on the number in the Contact Us section below, or in person at the Storey Club Space. We reserve the right to refuse any booking for any reason.
- Wi-Fi: We provide free access to a wireless network at the Storey Club Space.
- Our wireless network is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. We do not warrant that access to our wireless network will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free at all times or will meet your requirements. We are not responsible for the security, integrity, accuracy or completeness of any information that you transmit or receive while using our wireless network.
- Our wireless network is provided to you at our discretion. Your access may be blocked, suspended or terminated for any reason.
- You may not (i) use our wireless network for any purpose that is unlawful or otherwise prohibited, (ii) use our wireless network in such a manner as to host a web or other server, send or facilitate the sending of bulk e-mail or collect third party personal data without appropriate consent, (iii) exceed typical bandwidths relevant to the period that you use our wireless network, (iv) resell, or attempt to resell, our wireless network to any third party.
- You may be required to agree to a separate set of terms and conditions related to the use of our wireless network prior to connecting to the network at the Storey Club Space. If applicable, these terms will be made available to you when you attempt to access our wireless network.
- Food and beverage:
- Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing:
- Members and their guests must not bring into any Storey Club Space any food, drink or other catering purchased externally.
- Food and beverages may only be provided by our approved provider (details of which are available on the Storey Portal). Our approved provider may be amended by us from time to time at our sole discretion.
- Water is provided free of charge in the Storey Lounge. Coffee, tea and water are provided free of charge in the Meeting Rooms (subject to a valid Meeting Room booking).
- A range of snacks along with breakfast and lunches are available for meetings and events with prices being displayed on the Storey Portal when you book Meeting Rooms, or on request. Prices for the items in the café located in the Storey Club Space are available on menus within the Storey Lounge.
- We reserve the right to not serve alcohol at our sole discretion.
- Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing:
- You agree that you will make reservations and bookings in good faith for legitimate use by you and your invited guests only and not for any other purpose, including but not limited to reselling access to the Storey Club Space or making speculative, false or fraudulent reservations or any reservation in anticipation of demand.
- We reserve the absolute right to alter, suspend or discontinue any or all aspect(s) of the Services at any time.
- If you fail, or if we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms, or at any other time when we in our reasonable discretion see ﬁt to do so, we may, at our sole discretion, restrict your access to your Storey Portal and the Services and/or terminate your Storey Membership with immediate effect and possibly without prior notice to you.
Use of the Storey Club Space
- Hours of operation: The Storey Club Space will normally be available from 08.00 to 18.00hrs, Monday to Friday. Access or bookings before 08.00 or after 18.00 Monday to Friday, or on weekends, will be assessed on a case by case basis at our discretion and may be subject to an additional opening charge.
- Rules of conduct whilst at the Storey Club Space: Members must and must ensure their guests comply with any rules of conduct notified to them at the Storey Club Space as well as the following:
- Members must present their digital pass at the reception bar each time they arrive at the Storey Club Space. We reserve the right to refuse entry to any person who fails to do so.
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted at the Storey Club Space or inside the Meeting Rooms, Storey Lounge or the Event Space, including the terrace. Any members or guests of members who are caught smoking or vaping at the Storey Club Space will be asked by our staff to leave the Storey Club Space immediately. We reserve the right to refuse any future bookings to any member who is caught smoking or vaping at the Storey Club Space.
- Members are encouraged to observe a business smart casual dress code whilst at the Storey Club Space.
- No animals are allowed at the Storey Club Space, with the exception of guide dogs.
- We expect that you will not perform any activity that is reasonably likely to be disruptive, damaging or dangerous to us, our employees or agents, other members, any guests or any other third parties or property of any of the foregoing.
- You must comply with all instructions of our staff at the Storey Club Space.
- If you leave a personal item (e.g. wallet, phone, jacket) at the Storey Club Space, it is your own responsibility to retrieve such item. We will not be responsible or liable for any personal item left by you at the Storey Club Space.
- Damage to Storey Club Space: if you or your guests cause damage to the Storey Club Space (including furniture and equipment therein) during your use or, where you use a Meeting Room or Event Space, if there are any items missing upon your departure, you will be responsible for the reasonable costs of making good such damages and missing items. We will make you aware of any such costs, and you must pay these costs within 30 days. For Event Space bookings, in the first instance, the costs will be deducted from the deposit payable when you make the Event Space booking in cases where a deposit was taken. You will be responsible for paying any balance not covered by the security deposit as set out above.
- Health and safety:
- You are responsible for the health and safety of yourself and your guests (including delegates to events) throughout the duration of the period that you use the Storey Club Space and will be expected to comply with all relevant legislation.
- Information regarding emergency procedures, house-keeping and first aid arrangements is available from our staff at the Storey Club Space reception bar.
- The capacities of each Meeting Room and Event Space are given on booking and may not be exceeded for safety reasons.
- We reserve the right to alter proposed room layouts in order to comply with fire regulations and to refuse admission to rooms if over-crowding is liable to occur.
- Recording and photography: Any audio-visual recording, photo shoot, reproduction or representation of images of the Storey Club Space (inside and outside) other than for strictly private use is subject to our prior approval. Permission can be obtained by contacting us at [email protected].
- Confidentiality: you acknowledge when using the Storey Club Space you are working in close proximity to other Members who might compete with your business. You acknowledge that due to the shared nature of the Storey Club Space, sensitive or confidential information may sometimes be overheard, and you agree to respect the right of privacy and confidentiality of other Members and guests in such circumstances. You are solely and fully responsible for ensuring that your confidential information remains secure within the Storey Club Space.
- Offensive language, threatening behaviour, abuse of staff or other members, will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to remove offenders from the Storey Club Space, and to suspend or terminate the offenders’ Storey Membership.
- Access to the Storey Lounge is free.
- You are responsible for payment of all charges associated with any bookings you make at the Storey Club Space (including any associated catering charges) and such charges must be paid in accordance with our Desk Space Terms and Conditions and Meeting Room and Event Space Terms and Conditions (as applicable). You are responsible for payment of all charges associated with the purchase of any Additional Meeting Room Credits in accordance with the Additional Meeting Room Credits Terms and Conditions.
- The contents of the Storey Portal and any materials displayed at the Storey Club Space or provided by us to you are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. The owners of these rights are Storey or other third-party licensors. All product and company names and logos mentioned on or in the Storey Portal or at the Storey Club Space or contained within information or materials provided by us to you as part of the Services may be the trademarks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners, including Storey. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from the Storey Portal, at the Storey Club Space or provided by us to you as part of the Services including but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Services including the right to receive services supplied with reasonable skill and care.
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all other promises, warranties, conditions, or representations relating to the Services, whether express, implied, oral or written.
- We will not be responsible or liable for any losses related to any business of yours including but not limited to lost data, profits, revenue, business, opportunity, goodwill, reputation or business interruption.
- We will not be liable for any damage, loss, or theft of any Member or their guests’ personal belongings whilst at the Storey Club Space.
- We are not liable for any disclosure or misuse of your or your guests’ confidential information.
- The Storey Portal and all materials and information thereon are provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, we do not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the Storey Portal or any information or service provided through the Storey Portal. To the fullest extent permitted by law we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising (including due to our negligence) out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of the Storey Portal or its contents, whether due to inaccuracy, error, or omission or any other cause and whether on the part of Storey or our servants or agents, or any other person.
- You and other members. We do not control and are not responsible for the actions of other Members or any other third parties. If a dispute arises between Members or their invitees or guests, we shall have no responsibility or obligation to participate, mediate or indemnify any party.
- Events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control. If we are prevented or delayed from complying with any obligations under these Terms or from providing the Services (including after a booking has been made) by anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do or due to events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, the inability or delay in performing those obligations or providing the Services will not be treated as a breach of the Terms. Examples of such events or circumstances include fire, flood and other acts of God, strikes, trade disputes, lock outs, restrictions of imports or exports, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war.
- You may be required to present a valid, government-issued photo identification in order to gain access to the Storey Club Space. For security purposes, we may regularly record via video certain areas of the Storey Club Space. If we deem it reasonably necessary, we may disclose information about you to satisfy any applicable law, rule, regulation, legal process or government request, or to protect us, our Members, or other individuals, or any of our or their property. It is your obligation to notify any of your guests about this policy.
- We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms.
- If any provision or term of these Terms becomes or is declared to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from the Terms and shall be deemed to be deleted from the Terms.
- These Terms and your use of the Services are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.
- The Storey Club Space and the Storey Portal is owned by Storey Spaces Limited, a company incorporated in England. The registered office address of Storey Spaces Limited is: York House, 45 Seymour Street, London, England, W1H 7LX.
- Our registered company number is 10606395 and our VAT registration number is 240 2687 78.
- Our correspondence address is York House, 45 Seymour Street, London, England, W1H 7LX.
- Email address: [email protected]
- Telephone number: (020) 7486 4466