Storey Club – Desk Space Terms and Conditions
Version date: 16 November 2021
- These terms and conditions (the “Terms“) describe your rights and obligations in connection with your use of the Desk Space provided by Storey Spaces Limited (“Storey”, “we“, “our“, “us“). Please see the Contact Us section below for our company and contact details.
- PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. WHEN YOU MAKE A BOOKING WITH US (WHETHER THROUGH THIS PORTAL, TELEPHONE OR IN PERSON), THESE TERMS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY YOU. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ABIDE BY AND BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS.
- To make these Terms easier to read, we use a number of definitions. We refer to:
- any Group Company of The British Land Company PLC; or
- any other vehicle or entity (including any unit trust, trust of land, limited partnership or joint venture) in which either The British Land Company PLC (or a Group Company of The British Land Company PLC) hold an interest
- BL Office Location: any office property owned by The British Land Company Plc or its Affiliates from time to time
- Booking Confirmation: the email confirmation from us to you containing details of your Desk Space booking
- Building: the Campus or BL Office Location in which the designated Desk Space is located
- Campus: each of a) Paddington Central Campus at 4 Kingdom Street, Paddington Central W2 and b) 100 Liverpool Street, Broadgate EC2
- Deposit: the amount (such sum to include an amount equivalent to VAT thereon) specified as the deposit in your Booking Confirmation
- Desk Spaces: dedicated desks within the specified Campuses or BL Office Locations designated by us as available for use from time to time
- Facilities: reception facilities within the Building during Office Hours which will include welcoming visitors (but not accepting deliveries). Heating, cooling and lighting in the Building supplied during Office Hours. Access to Wi-Fi. Toilet and washing facilities in the Building including cleaning and replenishing such facilities as often as is reasonably necessary. Cleaning the Building and the Desk Space as often as is reasonably necessary. An electricity supply consistent with a normal office use of the Desk Space.
- Group Company: in relation to any body corporate (whether or not registered in the United Kingdom) any holding company or subsidiary of a holding company of such body corporate in each case from time to time and the terms holding company and subsidiary shall have the meanings attributed to those terms in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006
- Licence Fee: the amount specified as the Licence Fee in your Booking Confirmation
- Office Hours: such office hours as we may determine from time to time
- Owner: the British Land Company PLC or such of its Affiliates as holds an interest in the relevant Building
- Services: the provision of the Desk Spaces and any other ancillary services offered at the Storey Club Space from time to time
- Storey Club: a scheme operated by us offering flexible access to the Storey Club Space (which for the avoidance of doubt may or may not be branded as “Storey Club”)
- Storey Club Space: the part of any Campus or BL Office Location designated by us from time to time for operation of the Storey Club including but not limited to the Event Space, the Meetings Rooms, the Storey Lounge and the reception bar
- Storey Lounge: means the area at each Campus designated by us as a communal lounge area from time to time
- Storey Membership: means membership of Storey Club
- Storey Membership Terms and Conditions: the terms and conditions describing your rights and obligations with your Storey Membership which can be found here
- Storey Portal: the online portal accessed at my.storey.co.uk which allows you to make online bookings for Meetings Rooms and Event Spaces
- Termination: the end of this agreement however that occurs.
- Every time you wish to use the Services, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms and conditions which will apply at that time. Your attention is drawn in particular to the sections headed Our Liability. These Terms were most recently updated on the date that appears at the top of this page.
- If you have any queries or concerns regarding these Terms, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact Us section below.
- This Agreement is a contract for the use of the Desk Space and the Facilities. It does not create a lease with a landlord and tenant relationship between us and you.
- This Agreement is personal to you. You must not assign it nor allow any other person or entity to use the Desk Space.
Desk Space Bookings
- At the time of booking you may select a specific Desk Space. However, we change the Desk Space which you have booked for any reason and at any time provided that another Desk Space within the same Campus or BL Office Location is available in order to meet the requirements of your booking. We will aim to inform you of any changes to your Desk Space booking before your arrival (and in any event, you will be informed of any changes to your Desk Space booking by our staff upon your arrival).
- We retain control, possession and management of the Desk Spaces and your booking will not grant you any right to exclude us from the Desk Spaces at any time or for any reason whatsoever.
- We will provide the Facilities in a reasonable manner. We can change or suspend any of the Facilities if it is reasonable to do so for the more efficient management of the Building or for the general benefit of the occupiers or to respond to an emergency.
Duration and Termination
- The licence to use the Desk Space granted by these Terms shall run on a rolling monthly basis, unless and until terminated by either party on not less than one week’s notice in writing expiring on the date last day of the relevant calendar month.
- any Licence Fee is unpaid 5 working days after becoming due (whether demanded or not); or
- you fail to comply with any of your obligations in these Terms; or
- you enter administration or liquidation, propose a company voluntary arrangement or otherwise become insolvent
then we may terminate this agreement with immediate effect by giving written notice to you.
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect by giving written notice to you if the Building is damaged so that it cannot reasonably be occupied.
- On Termination this agreement shall immediately end, but without prejudice to any right or remedy we may have in respect of any prior breach of this agreement by you.
- When you leave for the day you must remove all of your belonging from the Desk Space and leave it in a clean and tidy condition.
- On or before Termination you must removal all of your belongings from the Desk Space and (if applicable) any locker provided to you at the Building and leave them clean and tidy. If you leave any belongings at the Building following Termination we will be entitled to remove, destroy or dispose of them in any manner we see fit and you will be required to pay on demand our costs and expenses incurred in doing so.
- You are required to pay the Licence Fee to us monthly in advance.
- The Licence Fee is inclusive of water charges, electricity charges where such charges are consistent with a normal office use during standard office hours (to be determined at our reasonable discretion) and costs for providing the Facilities.
- The first Licence Fee payment is to be made within 5 working days of receipt of the Booking Confirmation and in advance of the booking start date and shall be a proportionate part in respect of the period from the booking start date to and including the last day of the following month and thereafter the Licence Fee shall be due monthly in advance on the first day of each month (whether demanded or not).
- If the first Licence Fee payment is not made within the timeframe required by paragraph 19 we reserve the right to cancel your booking without notice.
- If the Licence Fee or any other sum due from you is not paid when due, you shall pay interest on the unpaid amount at 4% above Barclays Bank PLC’s base rate from the due date until the date of receipt.
- You are required to pay any VAT chargeable in respect of all taxable supplies made to you in connection with this agreement at the same time as the supply is made for VAT purposes. We will supply a VAT invoice in respect of any VATable supplies made to you under this agreement.
- By booking or using any Services and providing your payment information, you agree to pay us the recurring or nonrecurring fees associated with the particular Services you are purchasing, as displayed to you at the time you book or order the relevant Services, or as updated by us from time to time upon notice to you. You acknowledge and agree that the payment method provided by you will be automatically charged the Licence Fee and any other amounts you may incur or be liable for (including for damages caused to any part of the Desk Space or Storey Club Space, except to the extent such costs are covered by the Deposit which has been paid in accordance with these Terms) in connection with the Services. You must keep your payment information up-to-date and accurate.
- You are required to pay the Deposit to us within 5 working days of receipt of the Booking Confirmation and in advance of the booking start date.
- If the Deposit is not paid within the timeframe required by paragraph 24 we reserve the right to cancel your booking without notice.
- The Deposit will be paid into a bank account in our name which we will hold on trust for you. You shall not be entitled to any interest accrued on the Deposit.
- We are entitled to take from the Deposit the amount required to satisfy any of your outstanding liabilities arising at any time. If a deduction is made, we will notify you of the amount to be deducted in advance and the reasons for doing so.
- If we deduct any money from the Deposit before Termination, you must immediately pay the amount deducted to us for payment into the account in which the Deposit is held.
- Within one month following Termination, we will pay the Deposit to you, taking into account any deductions from it and any repayments of those deductions.
Damage and condition
- You must take proper care of the Desk Space and avoid causing any damage to the Building or the Facilities and use them in a fair and reasonable manner.
- You must not alter the Desk Space or fix anything to it.
- You are required to clear all items from the Desk Space at the end of each day. If available you may use the lockers provided at the Building but if you bring to or leave any items (e.g. laptop, wallet, phone, jacket) at the Desk Space or the Building (including within the lockers) we will not be responsible or liable for any such items.
- You must only use the Desk Space as a workspace in connection with your business and must only use the Facilities in connection with that use. You may not use any other parts of the Building except in connection with the use of the Facilities.
- You must comply with the requirements of the Building’s insurers.
- You must comply with all rules or regulations from time to time notified by us to you for the efficient management and/or functioning of the Building.
- In using the Desk Space and the Facilities you must not do or allow to be done anything which in our opinion causes or is likely to cause nuisance annoyance disturbance or inconvenience to us, the Owner, other occupiers of the Building or any occupiers of adjoining or neighbouring property.
- You must not:
- undertake any activity that prompts investigation into your affairs by civil, criminal or public authorities, including, without limitation, the police or Trading Standards;
- use the Desk Space or the Facilities for any activity other than for conducting your usual business in your own name;
- hold the Building out as a trading, registered or mailing address of any associated business or individual associated with you;
- notify the Registrar of Companies that you or any associated business has the Building as its registered office.
- We shall have the right to disconnect any equipment and/or withhold or terminate the provision of Services and Facilities if in our opinion, your hardware or software is damaging, or potentially damaging, to us or the Owner (whether by way of reputational damage or tangible loss), or our of the Owners’ network of clients, or where the services provided by us are being used in an unauthorised, immoral, inappropriate or illegal manner and we shall have no liability to you for resultant damage or loss.
- Confidentiality: you acknowledge that when using the Desk Space and the Building you are working in close proximity to other Members who might compete with your business. You acknowledge that due to the shared nature of the premises, sensitive or confidential information may sometimes be overheard, and you agree to respect the right of privacy and confidentiality of other Members and guests in such circumstances. You are solely and fully responsible for ensuring that your confidential information remains secure.
Keys and access codes
- Any keys, swipe cards and access codes for the Building are our property and you must return them on Termination.
- You must not copy any keys or swipe cards or misuse access codes. Lost keys or swipe cards must be reported to us immediately.
- You must not allow anyone else to use your keys and access codes.
- You must at all times take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of the Desk Space, the Building and its occupants.
- You shall be responsible for the cost of replacing any lost access cards or keys.
- When we or the Owner need access to any part of the Building, including the Desk Space, for any purpose including inspections maintenance and alterations, we will take reasonable precautions not to interfere with your activities, but we are not liable for any loss, damage or expense suffered by you.
Legal Obligations and Indemnity
- You must comply with all laws applicable to your operations and activities.
- You shall be liable for and fully indemnify us in respect of:
- any loss and damage that you may cause to the Desk Space or the Building, including, without limitation, damage caused by employees, contractors, agents or other persons invited by you; and
- in respect of any loss, damage, expenses, claims, demands, liabilities and costs howsoever arising which result from any breach of this agreement or may otherwise relate to the misuse of the Desk Space or the Building by you.
- You shall pay on demand all expenditure incurred by us arising out of or incidental to enforcing or remedying any failure by you to comply with your obligations in this agreement and the preparation and service of any statutory notices or legal proceedings on you.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Services including the right to receive services supplied with reasonable skill and care.
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all other promises, warranties, conditions, or representations relating to the Services, whether express, implied, oral or written.
- We will not in any circumstances be liable, whether in tort (including without limitation for negligence or breach of statutory duty howsoever arising), contract, misrepresentation (whether innocent or negligent) or otherwise for: (i) loss of profits; (ii) loss of business; (iii) depletion of goodwill or similar losses; (iv) loss of anticipated savings; (v) loss of goods; (vi) loss of contract; (vii) loss of use; (viii) loss or corruption of data or information; or (ix) any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
- We will not be liable for any damage, loss, or theft of any Member or their guests’ personal belongings whilst using the Desk Space or at the Storey Club Space.
- We are not liable for any disclosure or misuse of your or your guests’ confidential information.
- The Storey Portal and all materials and information thereon are provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, we do not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the Storey Portal or any information or service provided through the Storey Portal. To the fullest extent permitted by law we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising (including due to our negligence) out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of the Storey Portal or its contents, whether due to inaccuracy, error, or omission or any other cause and whether on the part of Storey or our servants or agents, or any other person.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage arising out of any breach of data security or failure of any computer, telephone or (where applicable) voice recording system or software.
- In this clause 56 “Disabling Code” means a ‘back door’ ‘time bomb,’ ‘logic bomb’, ‘trojan horse’, ‘worm’, ‘virus’ or any other computer software routine having the effect of:
- permitting access to or use of any relevant computer systems in use at the Building by any third person not authorised by us; or
- damaging or impairing the normal operation of any computer system in use at the Building.
- We are not liable for any loss as a result of our failure to provide any of the Services as a result of mechanical breakdown, the introduction of any Disabling Code on or through any relevant IT or telecommunications system, strike, delay, failure of staff, termination of our interest in the Building or otherwise.
- In this clause 56 “Disabling Code” means a ‘back door’ ‘time bomb,’ ‘logic bomb’, ‘trojan horse’, ‘worm’, ‘virus’ or any other computer software routine having the effect of:
- You and other members. We do not control and are not responsible for the actions of other Members or any other third parties. If a dispute arises between Members or their invitees or guests, we shall have no responsibility or obligation to participate, mediate or indemnify any party.
- Events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control. If we are prevented or delayed from complying with any obligations under these Terms or from providing the Services (including after a booking has been made) by anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do or due to events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, the inability or delay in performing those obligations or providing the Services will not be treated as a breach of the Terms. Examples of such events or circumstances include fire, flood and other acts of God, strikes, trade disputes, lock outs, restrictions of imports or exports, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war.
- The contents of the Storey Portal and any materials displayed at the Desk Space, the Storey Club Space or provided by us to you are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. The owners of these rights are Storey or other third-party licensors. All product and company names and logos mentioned on or in the Storey Portal or at the Desk Space or the Storey Club Space or contained within information or materials provided by us to you as part of the Services may be the trademarks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners, including Storey. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from the Storey Portal, at the Storey Club Space or provided by us to you as part of the Services including but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent.
- You may be required to present a valid, government-issued photo identification in order to gain access to the Desk Space or the Storey Club Space. For security purposes, we may regularly record via video certain areas of the Building or the Storey Club Space. If we deem it reasonably necessary, we may disclose information about you to satisfy any applicable law, rule, regulation, legal process or government request, or to protect us, our Members, or other individuals, or any of our or their property. It is your obligation to notify any of your guests about this policy.
- All notices must be in writing.
- Notices will be considered served if either or any combination of the following applies:
- to you, it is sent to you by email to the email address provided by you and to which the Booking Confirmation was sent; or
- to us, it is sent by email to [email protected] and such email is acknowledged formally by us (but an automatic out of office response is not a formal acknowledgement),
- to either party, it is sent to such other email or physical address is notified to the other party.
- This agreement is the entire understanding between the parties about the use of the Desk Space and the Building and it supersedes any previous agreement that may have subsisted.
- You acknowledge that you have not relied on any representation by the us or any other person on our behalf in entering into this Agreement.
- We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms.
- If any provision or term of these Terms becomes or is declared to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from the Terms and shall be deemed to be deleted from the Terms.
- No waiver of any default shall be implied from any failure by us to take action with respect to such default.
- These Terms and your use of the Services are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.
- The Storey Club Space and the Storey Portal is owned by Storey Spaces Limited, a company incorporated in England. The registered office address of Storey Spaces Limited is: York House, 45 Seymour Street, London, England, W1H 7LX.
- Our registered company number is 10606395 and our VAT registration number is 240 2687 78.
- Our correspondence address is: York House, 45 Seymour Street, London, England, W1H 7LX.
- Email address: [email protected]
- Telephone number: (020) 7486 4466